Chinese is offered as a Second Language programme and the general aims of the programme is that students of Chinese and non-Chinese background learn to communicate effectively in Chinese, in real life situations, appropriate to the age group.
In learning Chinese, students extend:
- Their understanding of Chinese culture in Australia and elsewhere.
- Their social skills and awareness.
- Their conceptual awareness.
- Their intercultural understanding.
- That students achieve levels of communicative competence in Chinese, appropriate to their age and experience.
The Chinese Programme R - 7 is based on the following points of interest and minimum requirements for effective language learning:
- Students will be motivated to use the language.
- The language will be set in real life contexts.
- Students' contributions will be accepted and valued.
The programme is designed to:
- Cater for a range of age and individual language differences.
- Integrate basic skills such as listening, speaking, reading and writing.
- Explore themes familiar to students that include a vast array of knowledge of family, friends, hobbies, interests, home and the environment.
- Utilize a framework of poetry, rhymes, songs, dances and games.
Chinese Language425 KB
Term 4 Overview